Every dog owner loves to give their favorite pup treats from time to time! You can also save money (and lower your environmental impact) by making your own dog treats at home.
There are tons of recipes for baked dog treats out there. But not everyone has access to an oven or all the materials necessary to make tasty baked dog treats. What then?
Good news – no-bake dog trees can be just as flavorful as baked treats. You just have to know the right recipes! Fortunately, we've collected some easy-to-make no-bake dog treats that are flavorful, filling, and satisfying for your pup.
Give some of these a try, or consider our ready-made treats if you want healthy and sustainable snacks for your dog.
Peanut Butter Oatmeal Treats
You can make treats with peanut butter and oatmeal for a filling and healthy snack for your pup. Here are the ingredients:
- 2/3 cup of rolled oats
- ½ cup of natural organic and butter
- ¼ cup of wheat bran
- SIx tablespoons of unsweetened applesauce
- Two carrots
That’s it! Since there are only a few ingredients, you’ll be able to gather everything necessary for these treats in a short trip to the grocery store. Here’s the breakdown to make the recipe:
- First, combine the peanut butter, wheat bran, applesauce, and rolled oats in a bowl. Mix everything well together.
- Then slice the carrots into about 24 half-inch slices. You can also go a little smaller with the slices if you have a really small breed of dog.
- Next, scoop one heaping tablespoon of the peanut butter and oat mixture into your hand. Roll it into a ball carefully.
- Push a single slice of carried into the middle of the ball and shape the dough into a burger patty shape around the carrot.
- Do this with the remaining ingredients. In total, you’ll end up with around 24 treat bites (although you may have more or less depending on your measuring skills!).
- They’re ready to go! You can store these treats in the refrigerator for up to two weeks, or you can keep them in an airtight container in the freezer for two months without any problems.
The treats can be eaten either at room temperature or slightly cooled – it’s up to you.
Peanut Butter, Bacon, and Applesauce Treats
Maybe your dog has more of a carnivore’s palette and would like treats with peanut butter and bacon. In this case, gather these ingredients for a tasty no-bake treat you can make in minutes:
- ½ cup pumpkin purée
- ½ cup applesauce, which adds moisture and plenty of vitamins and fiber
- ¼ cup peanut butter
- ¼ cup plain yogurt (flavored yogurt is not recommended)
- One strip of bacon, already cooked. Crumbled bacon as well
- 2 ½ cups of old-fashioned oats
Now that you’ve gathered your ingredients, you can get to the actual recipe:
- First, take a large bowl and stir the peanut butter, yogurt, pumpkin, and applesauce together until all the ingredients are well combined.
- Next, stir in the oats and bacon.
- Then use a cookie scoop to make the mixture into uniform treats. Balls or patties will work best for most people, but you can make any shape you like.
- Just store the mixture in the fridge or freezer until you want to give your pup a treat! We’d recommend letting them harden before feeding your dog.
This recipe is super easy to make (provided you already have some bacon on hand). If you don’t, sizzling a single strip of bacon only takes a couple of minutes if you have a cast-iron or other skillet.
Peanut Butter Pumpkin Treats
How about mixing some pumpkin with peanut butter? Pumpkin is a great ingredient for dogs as it adds fiber and crucial vitamins and minerals to their diets. Here are the ingredients you need to make these tasty treats:
- 1 cup pumpkin purée
- ¼ cup peanut butter
- ¼ cup milk
- 3 cups of old-fashioned oats neatly divided
That's right – you just need four ingredients, and you can whip these up in about 15 minutes. Here's the process:
- First, take a bowl with an electric mixer. Make sure the mixer has a paddle attachment. Then beat the peanut butter, milk, and pumpkin purée until well mixed on the medium-high setting for around one or two minutes.
- Add 2 ½ cups of the old-fashioned oats at low speeds to the mixture. Beat the mixture until everything is incorporated.
- Take a cookie scoop and roll the mixture into balls sized between 1 ¼ and 1 ½ inches. You should be able to make about 20.
- Dredge the balls in any remaining old-fashioned oats you have and press the oats into the balls to coat them evenly.
- Then just stick the balls in the refrigerator until they are firm. This should take around one hour.
Peanut Butter and Cinnamon Treats
You can also make tasty dog biscuits with cinnamon! These only take about five minutes, but they also require silicone molds if you want to make sure they end up in the right shape. Let's break down the ingredients you'll need:
- ½ cup coconut oil
- ½ cup peanut butter
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric
As you can see, this recipe is supremely simple, but that just adds to its value for busy dog parents that don’t have a lot of time to spend crafting tasty treats but who still want to give their pups the best.
Here’s the process for making these delicious dog biscuits in no time:
- Take a microwavable bowl and add the coconut oil, peanut butter, and spices. Heat the mixture for about 30 seconds to one minute until everything is slightly melted.
- You can alternatively do that step on the stovetop by whisking the ingredients together in a small saucepan over low heat.
- Next, whisk the ingredients to combine and use a scoop to move the mixture into silicone molds or biscuit cutouts. Fill the molds or cutouts until they are slightly over half full. This should make about five biscuits.
- Transfer the mixture to a freezer and keep the silicone molds flat to make sure that the biscuits harden evenly.
- Freeze the biscuits for 25 minutes or until they feel hard to the touch.
- Then you can safely transfer them to a freezer bag and store them in the freezer until it’s time to give your pup a treat!
Ready Made Treats from Wild One
Aside from these no-bake treats, Wild One also makes ready-made treats that are affordable and designed to minimize their impact on the environment.
Take our Organic Baked Treat Variety Pack. It’s a perfect choice for dogs that like a little variety in their snacks or who can’t choose which of our baked treats are their favorite! This kit gives you a bag of each organic baked treat flavor, ranging from veggie burgers to fruit salads to PB&J.
Alternatively, you can check out our ready-made Chicken Tender treats. Each treat is hand sliced and gently dehydrated, so you don't have to worry about baking anything or adding any flavors. We use no additives or preservatives in these treats, so you don't have to worry about the health of your pup if they love to have one (or more) of these treats each day!
Or try our Sweet Potato treats. These are single-ingredient treats made with non-GMO sweet potatoes: their super high dietary fiber levels make this a perfect pick for pups with some indigestion problems. They can boost your dog's gut health and fill up their stomachs until the next meal.
Overall, any of these natural and organic dog treats will be excellent choices as snacks for your pet. Plus, they don’t require any prep time and can be taken with you on hikes or vacations!
No Bake? No Problem.
There you have it! As you can see, there are lots of no-bake dog treats that you can make in just a few minutes with the right healthy ingredients. The treat recipes above will fill your dog’s tummy and give them a flavorful experience without adding too much salt or sugar to their diets.
These no-bake treat recipes are perfect picks for dog owners that want to give their dogs something worthwhile for their snacks but don't want to increase their environmental footprint too much.
Give some of these recipes a try, and let us know what you think! Or check out our ready-made treats for tasty snacks on the go when you don’t have time to make delicious bites from scratch.